Knowledge Building Initiative (KBI)
Media Documentation Research Lead (2016-2018)
The Knowledge Building Initiative (KBI) maps critical relations and histories of the National Performance Network, with focuses on partnerships, community, cultural policy, heritage and cultural equity. The National Performance Network and Visual Artists Network (NPN/VAN) seeks to provide risk-taking performing and visual artists with the resources needed to develop and tour new work, to ensure arts leaders have the skills and opportunities to be change-makers in the arts presenting field, and to influence cultural policy for more just and artist-centered practices.
The Knowledge Building Initiative was awarded an OUR TOWN grant from the National Endowment for the Arts (NEA) in 2017 for creative placemaking research and archiving.
- Research media documentation – interviews and national convening
- Editing and organization of media documentation deliverables
- Conduct oral history interviews for organizational legacy archive
- Participate in national and regional organizational partner/artist meetings
- Contribute to and support final organizational evaluation with Prof. Paul Bonin-Rodriguez (University of Texas in Austin)
Additionally, actively involved in affiliate organization NextGen National Arts Network