Production & Communications Manager (2015)
Girl Gods explores the ancestry of women, individuals and family—and the idea of rage. Both a visual installation and time-based performance, Girl Gods has connections to feminist artists and art practices of the 1970s, influenced by Judy Chicago’s installation projects and the Earth-Body work of Ana Mendieta and involves themes of women’s family history and ancestry. The Pat Graney Company, incorporated in 1990, has toured to most major American cities as well as internationally to Japan, England, Scotland, Germany, Singapore, Chile and Brazil.
The production of Girl Gods received two 2016 NYC Bessie Awards for OUTSTANDING PRODUCTION and OUTSTANDING VISUAL DESIGN.
- Production management for performance premieres in Seattle & New Jersey
- Hiring and recruited build crew & volunteers (fifteen individuals)
- Coordinated creative team, led communication with venues (fifteen individuals)
- Developed and maintained website
- Managed press for performance premieres
- Created and managed Mailchimp newsletter list, templates and regular eblasts
- Created #GirlGods Facebook+Twitter campaign, hired/managed social media intern
- Curated and edited blog focused on gender in dance
- Organized parallel audience engagement event: ‘Afternoon Women’s Rage Salon’
- Edited promotional video (see below)
- Designed all promotional material (social media, poster design, merchandise)